Before Microsoft heads into the long weekend, there’s another new insider on the Canary channel.But not only there.It’s also the turn of the servers and dev insiders today.Today it is 25941.1000, more precisely 10.0.25941.1000 rs_prerelease.This version was compiled on 08/25/2023.
The update stack package is included in version 1301.2308.22061.0.This will be installed at the same time.And here are the changes:
- In this Insider Preview build, you might notice that there have been some changes on the Advanced Display Settings page via Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display.The dynamic refresh rate can now be activated via a switch.Once enabled, Windows dynamically adjusts the refresh rate to the selected rate to save power.Click here for more information on dynamic refresh rate.
- In addition, we have made small changes to draw attention to limitations (related to the screen or the cable used) that do not allow a high refresh rate with a high screen resolution.When selecting a refresh rate, an asterisk appears for some refresh rates.This means that in order to select that specific refresh rate, the display resolution must be changed to a resolution that supports the chosen refresh rate.This behavior occurs when there are limitations due to cable or screen capabilities and isn’t new, but we wanted to make sure you were aware.
- Cast Building on the Cast improvements introduced in Build 25926, we’ve updated the Cast flyout in Quick Settings with additional support for you.If you’re having trouble detecting nearby displays, fixing connections, and more.
- Settings Removed the chart at the top of the Power & Battery page in Settings.Insiders can still see a chart of battery usage in the Battery Usage section further down the page.The Power and Battery Settings page is also no longer divided into the “Power” and “Battery” sections.
Changes and Corrections
- Fixes in File Explorer context menu and command bar dropdowns making them transparent and not working when touched.
- Fixed issues affecting File Explorer startup reliability.
- Fixed issues that caused the Japanese and Chinese IMEs to not work properly in certain applications and in the File Explorer search box.
- Fixed an issue that caused Settings to crash when looking at detailed battery usage.
- The new options for adjusting the intensity and color gain of color filters now have labels.