DLSS was one of the features that Starfield fans missed from the start.
DLSS has been available as part of a beta update since November 8th and now it is finally officially available to everyone.
What else is happening?
With the help of Updates You can now use DLSS Super Resolution, Deep Learning Anti-aliasing (DLAA), Nvidia Reflex Low Latency and DLSS Frame Generation when using compatible graphics cards in Starfield.
Furthermore, you are now able to consume drinks and food directly without having to put it into your inventory first.
Further news about Starfield:
Below you can find the complete patch notes for the latest update:
Performance and stability
- We fixed a number of memory issues and memory leaks.
- We’ve made some changes to optimize GPU performance, which will be especially noticeable on more powerful graphics cards.
- We’ve implemented an improved renderer threading model that improves CPU utilization, especially on more powerful systems.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- It is now possible to consume the food you find in the game world.
- We have adjusted the stealth game mechanics so that they are now more forgiving of minor errors.
- Fixed an issue that caused Andreja’s head to be permanently cloaked.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from firing their weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some NPCs not wearing clothing. (Note: This issue may resolve itself over time.)
- Fixed an issue where progress could no longer be made on Skill Challenges that had already been started after reaching Allness and starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue that could temporarily prevent opening the inventory or saving games after entering Allness.
- PC: Fixed an issue that could cause jerky mouse movements.
- Fixed a rare issue that could result in the loss of the home ship.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Ship Maintenance Technician to disappear.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause unintentional camera shake when traveling, grav-jumping, docking, or transitioning to landing.
- Fixed an issue that could affect the rendering of ambient occlusion at ultrawide resolutions.
- Optimized shader initial compilation when starting the game.
- There is now the option to change brightness and contrast in the display settings menu.
- There is now the ability to adjust HDR brightness if supported by the system. (Xbox and Windows 11 only).
- Adjusted several materials that could sometimes produce an undesirable pattern under certain conditions.
- Fixed various visual issues that could occur with the new FOV controller.
- Improved the display of characters’ eyes in crowds.
- Fixed a number of minor visual issues that could occur with lighting, shadow rendering, terrain, and vegetation.
- PC: Fixed various additional graphics issues related to DLSS.
- Money Makes It Possible: Fixed a rare issue that prevented the player character from sitting down during the negotiation with Musgrove.
- Blast Zone: Fixed an issue that prevented the rocks players were asked to remove from Ngodup Tate’s property from being moved out of the way.
- Echoes of the Past: Fixed an issue that caused the Grylloba Queen to sometimes be unreachable during the “Secure the Shuttle Pad” objective.
- In the Eye of the Storm: Fixed an issue that could cause players’ quest progress to be blocked due to a missing docking command.
- Routine Work: Fixed an issue that could cause progress to be blocked if Supra et Ultra was completed upon returning to the Lodge during A High Price.
- Take it easy now: Fixed an issue that could cause the entrance to the Scow to no longer open.
- Operation Starseed: Fixed an issue that in some cases resulted in the key needed to exit the facility not being present.
- Sabotage: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from finding David Barron.
- Short-sighted: Fixed an issue that could cause players to become unresponsive in rare cases when speaking to Vladimir.
- Heart of Mars: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from extracting the Heart of Mars.
Update 1.8.86 is now available! 🚀
💻 DLSS support
🥘 Food can be consumed directly
🔧 Numerous bug fixes and improvements
— Bethesda Germany (@bethesda_de) November 21, 2023
To view this content, please allow targeting cookies.
Manage cookie settings