YouTube ElAnalistaDeBits has posted a new video comparing the performance of the Resident Evil: Village demo on PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5 consoles. The author noted that the video was made in such a way as to show as few spoilers as possible.
- PS4 – 900p
- PS4 Pro – 1080p in performance mode (no checkerboard rendering) and dynamic resolution from 1800p to 2160p in quality mode (with checkerboard rendering)
- PS5 – 2160p (checkerboard rendered but no dynamic resolution)
- PS4 – up to 60 fps
- PS4 Pro – 60 fps in performance mode and 40-45 fps in quality mode
- PS5 – 60 fps without ray tracing and 55 to 60 fps with ray tracing
- PS4 – 46.26 seconds
- PS4 Pro – 33.86 seconds
- PS5 – 1.86 seconds
- The PS5 has the ability to turn ray tracing on or off. This change affects global illumination. The frame rate when RT is on is somewhat unstable.
- PS4 Pro has two display modes. You can choose between 4K checkerboard rendering and an average of 40fps or 1080p / 60fps.
- The shadows are the same in all versions.
- Anisotropic filtering on PS5 is slightly better.
- Load times on PS5 are incredibly fast. The demo starts in 2 seconds, while on PS4 more than 30 seconds.
- PS5 and PS4 Pro (4K mode) use checkerboard rendering (or a similar technique), although the average resolution is higher on PS5.
- Some textures are better on PS5, but not much different.
The video also shows that the enabled ray tracing on the PS5 slightly improves the quality of global illumination. Resident Evil Village will launch on May 7th on PC and two generations of Xbox and PlayStation consoles. The first 30-minute village demo is now available on PS4 and PS5 for US PSN accounts.
Resident Evil Village Coming May 7 For PS5, Xbox Series X / S, PS4, Xbox One, PC & Stadia.