Microsoft is making KB 5030316 available to Beta Insiders today.This updates Windows 11 23H2 to 22631.2271 (with the new activated functions) or to 22621.2271 (without activated functions).But if nothing happens, this will be the last beta update for now.
Soon we will continue with the 22632 in the beta.According to our information, Windows 11 23H2 with the new functions will be available on September 13th.moved to the Release Preview channel.(if nothing comes up).Microsoft will then certainly offer to switch from the beta to the RP channel again for a limited period of time.But there is still a week to go.But now we come to the changes in this version.
Changes and corrections in the 22631.2271
- The Windows Ink improvements introduced with Build 22631.2050, which allow inking edit boxes directly, will be temporarily disabled for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel while we fix some bugs
- File Explorer:
- Fixed an issue where the progress wheel would get stuck in the tab, indicating that File Explorer was loading a folder even though the loading process was already complete.
- Fixed an issue where opening two File Explorer windows quickly could cause explorer.exe to crash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause explorer.exe to crash when navigating away from the home page.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to open the gallery after adding new images could result in a crash.
- Made some other fixes to improve File Explorer startup performance, including fixing a leak that was degrading performance over time.
- Fixed an issue where File Explorer sort changes were not persisting in folders after navigating away and back.
- Fixed an issue that could cause icons in File Explorer tabs to display incorrectly.
- Windows Copilot Fixed an issue that caused the Windows Copilot icon in the system tray to appear upside down for right-to-left languages.
- input Fixed a tabtip.exe crash that could have affected input in recent builds.
- Settings: Fixed an issue where switching the search to an icon in the taskbar settings could cause explorer.exe to crash.
- Dev Drive Fixed an issue where it was not possible to include a mount folder path in the dialog when creating a new development drive.
- Task manager Fixed an issue that could cause Task Manager to crash when using the “End Task” option on the details page (recent builds).
- HDR wallpaper Fixed an intermittent crash of explorer.exe related to using an HDR wallpaper.
- Miscellaneous Fixed an issue where attempting to take screenshots in windowed mode would result in screenshots of the entire screen instead of the focused application for some Insiders.
Manual download of KB5030316
- If you install manually, you need the small tool Win10UI and all three files.Instructions and download: Install Windows 11 update manually (Always note the current version)
- SSU-22621.2271-x64.msu follow immediately.
- ARM: SSU-22621.2271-arm64.msu
- ARM: Windows11.0-KB5030316-arm64.cab
- ARM: Windows11.0-KB5030316-arm64.psf