But today Microsoft is really getting started.In addition to the dev, canary and server, there is also an update in the beta channel.KB 5029347 increases the version number marginally to Windows 11 22631.2265 (with the new functions) and 22621.2265 (without new functions).The release notes are now getting shorter and shorter.Many changes still affect File Explorer.
Because the 22631 will soon be pushed into the release channel.But let’s get to the new changes and fixes first.
- With the update of our color font format to COLRv1, Windows can now display richer emoji with a 3D-like look, which some applications and browsers will soon support.
- Everyone should now get the new home page in the settings
Changes and corrections in the 22631.2265
- correction of an issue that caused explorer.exe to crash at the login screen when attempting to log into the safe mode switch.
- taskbar and systray
- Fixed an issue that caused applications on the taskbar to appear truncated without rounded corners at the end when many application windows were open and the taskbar was set to do not combine.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash that affected the correct display of the taskbar after turning on the device.
- File explorer
- Fixed some crashes affecting File Explorer reliability.
- Some work has been done to improve File Explorer startup performance in certain scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where all icons on the desktop could remain blank.
- Fixed an issue where using the Reset Folder button in Folder Options could cause explorer.exe to crash.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to copy and paste a file from a compressed folder to a OneDrive folder could fail with an error code.
- Fixed an issue that caused File Explorer to crash when navigating to the gallery when you had a large number of images.
- Fixed an issue where saving files to OneDrive locations in File Explorer could take a long time, causing the app saving from to appear to be unresponsive in the latest Insider builds.
- Fixed an issue where the “Automatically type in the search box” feature didn’t work when File Explorer was open on the home page.
- Fixed an issue where the chevrons in the File Explorer address bar were pointing in the wrong direction when the display language was set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Fixed an issue where some labels were missing in various places in settings in recent builds.
- Some work has been done to improve performance when opening Settings for Insiders with the new home page.
- Dev Drive Fixed an issue where Dev Drives might not auto-mount after upgrading to a new build, causing apps trying to access them to not work.
Improved error messages when dev drives cannot be formatted.
- Task manager
- Fixed an issue where if you did a search and then cleared it, the view would still be filtered.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in sporadic crashes when using Task Manager, including when ending tasks.
- Fixed an issue where the search icon could overlap with the Task Manager text in the title bar.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to move the task manager window with touch or pen.
- voice output You will see that some of the strings are NOT localized in the selected language.This will be corrected in a future build.
Manual download of KB5029347
- SSU-22621.2265-x64.msu follow immediately
- ARM: SSU-22621.2265-arm64.msu
- ARM: Windows11.0-KB5029347-arm64.cab
- ARM: Windows11.0-KB5029347-arm64.psf