Unlike computers, when working with email on mobile devices, problems may arise with adding various files to the text of the letter. Not all applications support this function, but with the release of iOS 9, the need for third-party software has disappeared.
💚 ON TOPIC: How to view photos and videos taken on an iPhone or iPad on a map.
The developers have added the option of attaching files to letters to the standard Mail program, making it possible to quickly add and send files by email. The following instructions for using this function mainly apply to iPhone and iPad. We talked about how to add an email account to the Mail application on iPhone and iPad in this material.
💚 ON TOPIC: “Find friends”, or how to look up the location of acquaintances.
How to add new places (cloud storage) to iPhone or iPad?
Adding files to an email is directly related to the work of the standard application Files. You must first add the required cloud storages to the list of locations in the Files application. To do this:
1. Install from the App Store the official client application of the cloud storage that you need to add, for example, these could be Yandex.Disk, iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. applications.
2. Open the default application Files on iPhone or iPad, go to the Review and click the icon with three dots in a circle located in the upper right corner.
3. From the pop-up menu that appears, select Change.
4. Move the switches opposite the required “cloud” applications to the position Included. Click Ready. Check that the required services are displayed in the list of locations.
💚 ON TOPIC: iPhone tracks all your movements (places visited): where to watch it and how to turn it off.
How to attach files to emails on iPhone or iPad from the cloud (Yandex.Disk, iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
1. Open the application Mail and click on the create new email icon in the lower right corner.
2. A window will appear with a field where you should enter the mailing address of the user to whom you plan to send the letter;
3. Place the cursor in the letter field. To add a file from cloud storage to a letter, click the icon with a sheet of paper;
4. The Files application window will open, in which you can select the required file. Please note that the iCloud Drive folder will open by default and if the file is located in another location (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. – programs must be installed on the device), then you should return to the main screen of the Files application by clicking Review in the upper left corner;
5. Another window will open, in which the options for added cloud storage will be indicated – tap on one of the items in the section Places.
6. After selecting a folder, you need to find the file and tap on its icon – it will be added to the letter.
🔥 See also: