343 Industries announced a detailed schedule for the upcoming “multiplayer tech preview” of the Halo Infinite shooter. The developers plan to divide testing into two weeks: in the first, from September 23 to September 27, all Insiders fully registered before September 13 will be able to play, and in the second, from September 30 to October 4, all users will be invited, regardless of their registration date. Halo Insider.
In addition, the company made another interesting decision: the competitive mode (matchmaking) will be available only at a certain time. The developers understand that this time may seem short for the players, but it is very important for them to check the maximum load of the servers and their performance before the release of the game. Below is a detailed schedule of two weeks of testing (Moscow time):
First week (Arena 4v4):
- Thursday evening, September 23 – The beta is available for download. After loading, players can test the Training Mode and Weapon Exercises at the Academy
- September 24-25 – 20:00 – 00:00 and 03:00 – 07:00: Matchmaking available
- September 25-26 – 20:00 – 00:00 and 03:00 – 07:00: Matchmaking available
- September 26-27 – 20:00 – 00:00 and 03:00 – 07:00: Matchmaking is available
- September 27 – At 20:00 access to the test is closed until the beginning of 2 weeks
Week 2 (Big 12v12 Team Battle and 4v4 Arena):
- Thursday evening, September 30 – Test access opens. Training Mode and Weapon Exercises become available
- From 1 to 2 October – 20:00 – 00:00 and 03:00 – 07:00: matchmaking is available
- October 2 – 3 – 20:00 – 00:00 and 03:00 – 07:00: Matchmaking is available
- October 3-4 —20: 00-00: 00 and 03: 00-07: 00: Matchmaking is available
- October 4th – A poll for several Halo Insiders will be held at 07:00
- October 4 – Test access closes at 20:00
Training Mode, Academy Weapon Exercises, Battle Pass, and Customization will be available even when matchmaking is offline.
In addition to PvP and Big Team Battle with three Fragmentation modes, the developers plan to add a new map for the Social Arena, as well as modes with unique tasks for it and the Bot Arena.
All invitations to participate in the upcoming testing must be received by Insiders within 24 hours by email.