A woman accidentally swallowed an AirPod and discovered it was still working after 9 hours.

On June 14, 2023, Moe Kennedy found herself in an unusual situation when she accidentally swallowed one of her AirPods Pro while sleeping. What began as a strange dream turned into an unforgettable trip to the emergency room that will remain in the memories of Kennedy and her doctors for years to come.

Around 3 a.m., Kennedy suddenly woke up and realized she appeared to have swallowed one of her AirPods Pro. In a panic, she tried unsuccessfully to remove it back.

She and her mother decided to be cautious. The couple went to the nearby emergency room at Covington Medical Center.

“If you’ve ever lost your AirPod and are wondering where to look… You might want to look in your stomach because you might have eaten it like I did,” Mo said in a video posted to TikTok .

When Kennedy arrived at the scene, she had to explain her situation to medical staff. They were surprised and interested to learn that her AirPods Pro still worked. Kennedy’s mother was able to connect to them and hear sounds from her stomach and… her daughter’s laughter.

After performing a CT scan, doctors discovered that the AirPod had quickly moved deep into Kennedy’s stomach and was stuck in a difficult position. There were concerns that it could remain in the stomach or require more invasive surgery if not treated quickly.

To prevent this, the woman was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where she underwent an emergency endoscopy.

Kennedy woke up after the procedure, and her AirPod was safely removed and resting in a cup right on her lap. Grateful for the successful outcome and exceptional care, she thanked the medical staff for their positive attitude and kind attitude towards the situation.

“Overall I would 100% recommend [AirPods Pro], but I 1000% do not recommend eating them,” Kennedy said in an email to AppleInsider. “I’m just happy that everything ended well, and I laugh that I accidentally tested the ability [наушников] be resistant to stomach acid, which I have found is at least up to 9 hours.”

Kennedy is not the first person to accidentally swallow an AirPod in his sleep. In February 2021, a Massachusetts man also swallowed one of his headphones after it fell out of his ear in his sleep.

More on the topic: